COLD WATER RESET
Cold Water Reset Challenge Award
NOV - MARCH 20th
The "Cold Water Reset Challenge Award" recognizes brave souls who engage in the rejuvenating practice of cold water immersions. This challenge isn't about endurance; it's about harnessing the natural power of cold water to stimulate a full-body metabolic and mental reset in just two minutes. Whether through ice baths, cold showers, or dips in icy natural bodies of water, participants are invited to embark on a journey of resilience, vitality, and personal wellness.
Participants are required to immerse themselves in a cold water experience for two minutes, the optimal time scientifically recognized to activate a significant metabolic response in the body, akin to that of longer exposure periods. This practice aims to harness physiological and psychological benefits, promoting a sense of mental clarity and physical refreshment.
**Guidelines for Participation:**
1. **Cold Exposure Method:** Participants can choose from various cold immersion methods, such as:
- Ice baths
- Cold showers
- Outdoor dips (sea, lake, river)
2. **Duration and Approach:** Participants should aim for an immersion lasting upto two minutes. While full submersion is not necessary, it's recommended that individuals splash water onto their faces. This action helps stimulate the diving response, potentially slowing the heart rate and enhancing relaxation, allowing for a more comfortable experience.
For the first month you can do 10sec to 40sec or 1min but remember to build slow and work up.
3. **Frequency:** To experience potential cumulative benefits, participants are encouraged to engage in this practice regularly, though specific frequency can be adjusted according to individual comfort and resilience levels.
RECORDING DATA - Honesty note book, get your self a little note pad to record all your exposures
DATE & TIME
TEMP if known
We dont require your eveidence but we would love some photos and tags in social #h2otrails
This is a target award of embracing the cold for a min of 1 month but can start from NOV as award will finish in MARCH 2024, Then just before end date there will be a badge sent out.
- Participants should seek medical clearance before beginning the challenge, particularly if they have underlying health conditions.
- Immersions must be conducted in a safe environment; outdoor dippers should opt for known safe waters, and those taking ice baths or cold showers should ensure they are stable and risk-free.
- Understanding personal limits is crucial; participants should carefully monitor their body's responses to the cold.
- Warming back shouldnt be to hard as these are short periods of exposure so dry your skin and wrap up and have a cuppa.
The "Cold Water Reset Challenge Award" is voluntary, with participants assuming full responsibility for any risks. Organizers are not liable for any adverse health incidents or accidents. Safety and personal health awareness are paramount throughout participation.
Honorees will receive accolades in a dedicated ceremony, celebrating their courage and commitment to personal health and well-being. Their journeys, highlighting their experiences, insights, and transformations, will also be featured in community publications and social platforms to inspire broader engagement.
The "Cold Water Reset Challenge Award" is more than a test of tolerance to the cold; it's a transformative journey fostering a community around the shared experience of resilience, revitalization, and mental clarity. This unique practice of brief, regular cold water immersions serves as a conduit for participants to redefine their boundaries, reset their systems, and emerge with a refreshed appreciation for the wellness within.
100% Winter Swimmer Award
NOV - MARCH 15th
The "100% Winter Swimmer Award" is a prestigious honor bestowed upon the bold and dedicated few who commit to a rigorous four-month target of cold-water swimming. This challenge, meant to push the boundaries of mind, body, and spirit, focuses on continuous engagement with the chilling embrace of winter waters, culminating in a significant achievement of swimming a total of 4 kilometers over the winter months.
This is for only wintered swimmers with lots of experience and yes this is for wetsuit or none wetsuit swimmers but if youre none wetsuit you must have at least 1 winter swim experience in skins (none neoprene)
To earn the "100% Winter Swimmer Award," participants must meet the following criteria:
Consistent Engagement: Participants must maintain a regular schedule of swimming in their chosen open water locations throughout the four winter months.
Distance Target: Swimmers aim to reach a cumulative distance of 4 kilometers swum over the entire winter period. This goal breaks down to an average of 1 kilometer per month, although participants may choose to distribute the distance unevenly across the months.
And longer swims of 500m needs 100% support for saftey and should be swam in a venue with qualified winter lifeguards.
Recording: Honesty note book, please get your self a small note pad and note down some our important info that you will use, we dont require to see this evidence.
DATE & TIME
All participants enter the challenge at their own risk. It's essential to acknowledge the inherent dangers of cold-water swimming, including potential health risks. The organizers of the "100% Winter Swimmer Award" assume no responsibility for any adverse effects on health or injuries that participants may experience. Individuals are encouraged to prioritize their safety above all else, taking all necessary precautions.
Award recipients will be acknowledged in a special ceremony highlighting their remarkable accomplishment. They will receive a certificate, a unique "100% Winter Swimmer" badge symbolizing their triumph over the frigid waters, and recognition in various community and social media platforms to inspire others with their story.
The "100% Winter Swimmer Award" stands as a testament to human strength and endurance, offering a journey through physical challenges and emerging stronger and more resilient. It celebrates not just the achievement of a distance, but the triumph of the human spirit over the biting cold, the rough, icy waters, and the internal wave of doubts. Are you ready to become a 100% Winter Swimmer?
Badge and cert to be sent out at the end of the award period
WINTER DIP FOR
Winter Dip for Wellness Award
NOV - MARCH 1st
This Frosty Resilience Reward is a distinguished recognition given to those hearty souls who commit to the rejuvenating yet challenging practice of regular cold water dips throughout the winter season. This unique endeavor is designed to fortify mental and physical health, enhance overall well-being, and invigorate the human spirit.
But most of all, helping towards wellness.
From your start point
We want you to make a small diary
Buy your self a little note book and note these key facts along with other feelings.
We are looking at honesty and dont require any proof but we would love to share images on our social handles and facebook group, but also some might like to share stories and be interviewd.
*date and time
*swim info (distance)
1. **Frequency of Dips:** Participants must engage in weekly dips in their chosen body of water, with a strong recommendation for 2 to 3 sessions per week for optimal wellness support.
2. **No Temperature Targets:** The challenge emphasizes resilience over specific water temperatures. Participants are encouraged to immerse themselves in natural water bodies corresponding to the season's typical cold conditions.
3. **Monthly Distance Goal:** After acclimating in the first month, from the second month onward, dippers are expected to achieve a minimum total distance of 200 meters per month. This could be accomplished in increments and does not need to be swum in a single session.
you must meet the minimum requirement of weekly dips throughout the entire winter season and if you cant due to weather then its the cold shower or bath.
And if for health reasons you can self pause your award time frame and continue when suitable as long as the water temp is below 15*c
Participants are urged to follow strict safety protocols including, but not limited to:
- Securing medical clearance prior to participation.
- Choosing safe, approved locations for dips.
- Dipping with a buddy or informing someone of their whereabouts and expected return time.
- Monitoring bodily reactions to cold and avoiding overexposure.
- Having emergency procedures in place and understanding the signs of hypothermia.
Participation is at one's own risk and responsibility. The organizing body does not assume liability for any health issues or injuries sustained during the activity, and it is recommended that all participants undergo a health check prior to involvement and maintain proper safety protocols.
**Celebration of Achievement:**
Award recipients will earn a place in the Winter Wellness Honor Roll, receive a certificate of achievement, and be celebrated at a community gathering or virtual event, depending on local health guidelines. Their tales of frosty bravery will be shared in the community newsletter, inspiring others to break through the ice of their self-imposed limitations.
The Winter Dip for Wellness Award is not merely about braving the cold waters; it's a tribute to human resilience, a test of mental fortitude, and a celebration of life. As the ice crackles under the spirit of determination, each dipper doesn't just swim in icy waters but rises, revitalized, with wellness enveloping their being.
A printed cloth badge will be posted out at the end of Feb and there will be a small meet arranged by H2oTrails at 2 locations yet to be announced (1 will be at sweethope).